Small is beautiful too! Every May, Gallery 302 invites its artists to submit works in their chosen mediums for its annual Miniature Show. Conforming to strict size specifications, the pieces in the exhibit represent a wide variety of both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional art.
Any given show might include, for example, diminutive paintings, pottery or ceramics, glass and metal sculptures, basketry, wood, and jewelry. The work is juried and prizes are awarded. Molly Mains coordinates this show.
Congratulations to the following 2013 winners. To all who participated, we extend a big thanks.
1st Place – Molly Mains, Flashdance
2nd Place – Janet Gill, Love’s Labor
3rd Place – Anne Bernard, Fluid Space
Honorable Mention – Cindy Spencer, Little White Church
Congratulations to all and thanks to everyone who participated.
Our judge was Wendy Newcomb, whom many of you know. She is a representational painter whose paintings and murals have been commissioned by organizations, businesses, and schools (Songo Locks and Shawnee Peak are local examples). Her paintings have appeared in a number of publications including L.L.Bean, Bayview Press, Old Cars Weekly, and Artists of New England.
- Artists must be current exhibiting artists of Gallery 302 or members of the Bridgton Art Guild.
- Artistic Requirements
- All art work must be original.
- Image size should not exceed 25 square inches (4”x6”).
- Frames should not exceed 120 square inches (10”x12” outside dimension of frame).
- No plastic frames, photograph frames, gallery clips, or saw tooth hangers.
- Sculpture may not exceed 8”x 8”x 8” with or without base.
- All prints must be hand pulled by the artist.
- Jewelry, crafts, functional work, photographic work or computer techniques will not be accepted.
- Each artist is allowed to enter 3 pieces of art. Depending on space, we may only be able to hang one or two of each artist’s work. Works should be marked as 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices
- All liability issues will be covered by the normal contract for current exhibitors. Artists who are not currently showing their work in Gallery 302 must sign a waiver releasing Gallery 302 from any liability regarding theft or damage to their art work.
- All artist’s work will be interspersed when hung.
Judging will be done by a person independent of the gallery to consist of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and honorable mentions. Prizes in the sculpture category will be awarded based on the number of sculptures received: 1- 3: no prizes awarded, 4 – 6: 1st prize only, 6 – 11: 1st and 2nd prize only, 12 and over: 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.